Usually we like to begin The Kerbey Enthusiast post with a mention of Austin’s weathers for our friends who might be reading this from out of town. However, since it’s officially August let’s just not talk about the weather and move-on to more pleasant things like our recent visit to KXAN‘s Studio 512 where we revealed one of our most secret recipes. No, not our recipe for Kerbey Queso. We gave y’all the recipe for Cinnamon Roll Pancakes!
Start With Kerbey Lane Cafe Buttermilk Pancake Mix:
- 1 cup Mix
- ½ cup + 2 T of water
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of butter
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- ¼ of hot water
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Whisk the ingredients for the pancake together until no lumps appear.
- Let the batter sit for 1-2 minutes to thicken.
- Pour ¼ – ½ cup of batter on the griddle set at 400 F.
- Squeeze a swirl of the Cinnamon Swirl mix on the cake to mimic a cinnamon roll, do this while the batter is still fairly thin.
- Cook the pancake until small bubbles appear, then flip the cake and cook thoroughly, about 2 minutes total.
- Serve the pancake swirl side up, and drizzle with the Cinnamon Roll Glaze, finish with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
We’re not serving the Cinnamon Roll pancakes described above this weekend but we are serving a BRAND-NEW variety of pancakes with a cinnamon swirl. Available now through early Tuesday morning, every Kerbey Lane Cafe location is serving Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon Roll Pancakes. It’s our delicious Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon pancake batter, with a cinnamon swirl. AKA, GF Deliciousness.
This weekend at five Kerbey Lane Cafe locations, we’re serving Cinnamon-Peach Pancakes, Vegan Strawberry Pancakes, GF Apple Cinnamon Roll Pancakes, Blueberry Pancakes, Gingerbread Pancakes, Apple Whole Wheat Pancakes, Lemon-Poppyseed Pancakes, Buttermilk Pancakes and we can add Chocolate Chips to any of these.
Within the next couple of weeks, all of these pancakes and more will be available at SIX Kerbey Lane Cafe locations when we open the doors to our newest location in Westlake. Kerbey’s newest address is: 701 Capital of Texas Highway S., Austin, TX 78746.
Kerbey Westlake is located in the Village at Westlake shopping center, near the intersection of Bee Caves Rd (FM 2244) & Capital of Texas Highway (Loop 360). We can see HEB from our front door, so we already love the neighborhood.
Keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter for the first official day with the doors open at our newest home.