Each month, Kerbey Lane Cafe honors two service stars — employees who exemplify the KLC core values, who lend an extra hand, and who are all around awesome people. So, we wanted to feature them on our blog! See below for some *new* fun facts about each star.
Service Star: Leah Mahon
Find her: at our Southwest Location
“Leah had to send our LN cook home, because he was extremely sick. She cooked all night and it ended up being a really busy LN for us. She also still managed to take care of everything else that she normally would. She has been an amazing addition to our team, even before last night.” — Chris, James & Brant
- How long have you worked at KLC? About 2 years.
- If you could add one thing to the KLC menu, what would it be? Some sort of nachos because those are my guilty pleasure.
- Pick one: French fries, sweet potato fries, or home fries? Sweet potato fries.
- If you were an animal, what would you be? I would be an elephant.
- What is your favorite thing about KLC? The diversity, for sure. I like how everyone is different and how everyone has their own different style.
Service Star: Jessica Kenny
Find her: at our University Location
“Jessica Kenny is one amazing human being. Despite her being small she can run huge trays of food.
SUPERWOMAN!” — Morgan McCrillis
“Because of Jessica Kenny, our coffee pots run overfloweth. Without her, we wouldn’t have any coffee at all!” —Emma Bernhoft
- How long have you worked at KLC? It will be 9 years in September.
- If you could add one thing to the KLC menu, what would it be? I’m a vegan so I really like our salads. I would probably add another vegan sandwich or wrap or maybe bring back the hummus tacos with sunflower sprouts.
- Pick one: French fries, sweet potato fries, or home fries? Bring back the potato chips!
- If you were an animal, what would you be? Probably a cat of some kind – like a lynx.
- What is your favorite thing about KLC? My favorite thing about KLC is feeling comfortable here. Plus the teamwork, good money, and consistently good food.
Congratulations to the March stars!